At The Cottage Background

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Inspired To Move.....



Have you ever been inspired?
To do anything?

To try?
To attempt?
To fly?
To soar?
To jump?
To begin a run..... take off..... and leap.....?

I am speaking figuratively of course.

But have you?
Have you ever?

There is this spark that has been ignited.....
A flicker of a flame.....
And everywhere I go it grows brighter....
I can feel it getting stronger.

It is welling up deep down in the pit of my stomach.

I am still me....
With all my flaws and so much yet to be learned... corrected... and grown....
But I am excited.... to see.... to find out what it is that keeps reverberating over and over again....

Hope..... I have it.
I crave it......

Circumstances haven't changed..... life is still the same in so many ways....

But a tide is coming..... can you feel it?
Can you sense the rolling..... the heightening waves that are readying to crash......?
Can you smell the winds of change..... the breeze that is riding on something new....?
The electricity of a current that is surging with power.....?

Can you feel it?

I can.

It is building.....
It has been gradual....
But it is coming.....
Whatever it is......

And I am feeling inspired.

To shout it....
To yell it from the mountain top.

It sounds crazy.... I know.

But it's not.
Really.

God is on the move.....

He is getting ready.

Are we ready?
Are we willing?
Do we want the move that we have been crying out for for so long to come?

It is up to you.... to me.
To ready our hearts.....
To be anxious for More of Him.....
To desire Him more than we have ever desired Him before.

I don't want to miss it.....
I don't want to quench my passion any longer.....
I don't want to be silent anymore.....

I want to be the one that He speaks to..... and through.
I want to be ready to be amazed by all His glory..... all His wonder.
I want to accept the unacceptable.... the miracles...... the wonders that He has in store.....

I want it.

I don't want mediocrity any longer.
I don't want the mundane.

I want to feel the thrill of serving Him.
I know that this requires me to do.....
To move....
To not sit and wait......
But to glean.... and soak in...... and take what He has given me and use it.

I want to continue to get..... to be inspired........

And I want to be the inspirer......

Are you willing to go......?

I pray and hope that you will dive in with me.....
Off the edges of our safety boats.....

I pray that we will jump in.....
And eagerly swim toward Him....

Can you see Him?

He is waiting.........

..... until another tomorrow.

~m.

One of the "sparks" that has fueled and inspired me on...... thanks Scott.


"After these things Jesus manifested Himself again to the disciples at the Sea of Tiberias, and He manifested Himself in this way.

2Simon Peter, and Thomas called Didymus, and Nathanael of Cana in Galilee, and the sons of Zebedee, and two others of His disciples were together.

3Simon Peter said to them, "I am going fishing." They said to him, "We will also come with you." They went out and got into the boat; and that night they caught nothing.

4But when the day was now breaking, Jesus stood on the beach; yet the disciples did not know that it was Jesus.

5So Jesus said to them, "Children, you do not have any fish, do you?" They answered Him, "No."

6And He said to them, "Cast the net on the right-hand side of the boat and you will find a catch." So they cast, and then they were not able to haul it in because of the great number of fish.

7Therefore that disciple whom Jesus loved said to Peter, "It is the Lord." So when Simon Peter heard that it was the Lord, he put his outer garment on (for he was stripped for work), and threw himself into the sea." John 21:1-7







No comments:

Post a Comment