At The Cottage Background

Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Wonder of It All......


Why?

Why would You leave all that You know?
All that You love?
All that You have?

Why would You go to a place that You know will not accept You.... reject You... and even revile You?

Why?

Every time I ponder these questions in my head I just have to wonder....

At that kind of choice.
Of that kind of obedience.
Of that kind of love.

Did we deserve this? Do I deserve it still?

These thoughts just tumble one over the other in my head.

The impossible.....
The unimaginable.

The deep deep seeded kind of longing to reconcile with the very ones You created.... to love and be loved by.......
The very ones who consciously choose not to love you back.... and continually push You aside for the somethings in our lives that we see as more important than You at that moment.
So many moments.
And yet.... You don't let this deter You.... You continually love us.... forgive us.... and draw us ever closer to You.
Still longing for relationship with us.... wanting us still.

What kind of love is this?
Can we even begin to grasp the height and depth of it all?

I can not.

I can only sit in wonder of it all.

I can only marvel at what it all means.

The miracle of an impossible choice.... an incredible beginning..... a miraculous birth.

I can only be moved to the depths of my being by the life that followed....
Uncommon life..... what I am sure had more days of pain than joy.
A life of serving those who you created... a life of loving those who were so unlovely.

And then the choice... the conscious decision to lay it all down.
To give everything that You have come to be while here.
The greatness of it can not be measured in mere words.... the vastness of Your love is still not fully understood.....

But it was... and it is.

The impossible.... made possible.
Such great and unending possibilities..... for me.... and for us all.

Because You chose to do what no one else could do for us.

You came to save us.
And offer us what no else can ever give.......
Life.

Why do I doubt You?
Why do I think that You are so small? ..... like me?
Why do I think that you can not handle whatever I may face?
Why do I think that you don't want to come in and save me from the very things that I need saving from?
You did it all before.... and You are still doing it.....

Why?

I have no reason.
No good ones anyway.
They are all silenced in light of what You did for me.... in how You now choose to want to be a part of my very little life.

In light of Your Word..... that continually reminds me that......

"....is anything too difficult for Me?"

NOTHING is too difficult for You.

Thank You for reminding me of this fact.
Thank You for my pastor who felt compelled to share this with Your people last night in church.

Thank You Father .... for choosing to love me.... to love us all.

Even when we don't fully understand or can't grasp what it all means.

Please continue to remind us Father that You are much more... much bigger than we think you are.
Forgive us God.... forgive me when I allow doubt and circumstance to dictate how I view You... how I allow this to cause me to forget that You are the God of impossible circumstances.

The God of miracles.

Not just during Christmas.... but in the every day of Your children's lives.

God of wonder.....
God of power....
And a God of love.

I pray that as you gaze at your Christmas tree this season... at your family... children..... or anything else that catches your eye .... that you will wonder too.
I pray that you will feel and be enveloped in the very arms of love that chose to live.... and die...
And Who desires for you to know that He is more alive and able now than ever before.

..... until another tomorrow.

~m.

"I am the LORD, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?"
Jeremiah 32:27

"And one called out to another and said,
"Holy, Holy, Holy, is the LORD of hosts,
The whole earth is full of His glory." Isaiah 6:3


No comments:

Post a Comment