At The Cottage Background

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Rest......

Washington-Vancouver.jpg image by orosco82airborne

Where did I leave off.......?
Where do I begin again.......?

I was given a blessed reprieve....... rest.

Time away to think.... and not think so much.

Days given over to the nothings of fun..... and smiles..... and joy.

Given gifts of love.... hugs..... and support.
Not the kind that you can see, or even touch.
But the kind that you can feel.... deeply and profoundly.
Even the givers were not fully aware of their offerings.......
But the impact and the impartation was no less effective.

It was what I dearly needed..... and what I had prayed silently for.

Reaching back and reaching for the things that you don't necessarily want to remember but know very keenly are the key to moving forward..... is never easy.
It can leave you spent and exhausted.
Weary and tired.
When you add the physical debilitations of my current circumstances you end up with a sometimes crippling dilemma.

But I am back now.

I am reflective.
And more in tune.

I am still tired.

But I have been given mercy....... and it's presence is sustaining me.

This season is one that I often sit and wonder at.
Why this?
Why now?

I look forward to the greener pastures of delight.
The flowing waters of preservation.
And the joy of knowing that I get to move forward to deeper and hopefully more profound adventures.

I know that during this time of solitude in mind there are gifts to be found.
Not just for me.

But for those who silently cry themselves to sleep.
....or drive in their cars wondering if God really cares about them anymore.

He does.

As a child I would often open my closet doors and hide in the corner.
I would curl up in a ball and draw my knees in tight.
I would hold on and rest my chin on the top of my legs.
I would just stare.......
Wondering if it was ever going to get better than this.

And it did......

It took time.

Mountains that had to be climbed.
And holes that had to be filled back up.
Ones that I had dug myself.

But I am here.

And I have a story to tell.

I may leave things out.
I might get things wrong.

But I am willing to write as He fills me with the words that need to be said.

For me..... and for the others who need to know.

So for today I will leave you with this......

I am resting for awhile.
Giving myself time to heal.
From this nagging and annoying cough that wracks my body and tires me out.

And from the hurts of my past that have left their mark..... but are beginning to remind me not of what I lost.......

But what I have gained.

And I am praying that you will find the time to rest too.
From whatever it is that is weighing you down..... or holding you back.

God bless you today.

I look forward to digging deeper..... and letting My Heavenly Father open up and show you, and me just how truly amazing He really is........

..... until another tomorrow.

~m.

"He restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake." Psalm 23:3

"May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD,
even as we put our hope in you." Psalm 33:22

"How blessed is he who considers the helpless;
The LORD will deliver him in a day of trouble.
The LORD will protect him and keep him alive,
And he shall be called blessed upon the earth;
And do not give him over to the desire of his enemies." Psalm 41:1,2

No comments:

Post a Comment