At The Cottage Background

Friday, October 23, 2009

Pouring Out and Filling Up

                                        

I have been sick this week.
The yucky, coughing, feeling terrible sick.
I don't care for being sick any more than the next guy....
But I especially hate it because it stops me from living my day to day, and getting done what needs to be done.
And the real reason..... I don't like having to depend on anyone else to take care of me... or take care of what is mine to do.

I enjoy relaxing and reading a really good book in bed. But when your forced there and left with no choice..... that is not my idea of fun.
I have exhausted my repertoire of movies, I have picked up and put down my Bible over and over again......
I am ready to be well. 
I am ready to get up and see to my obligations.
I have had to let go of a lot this week.
I have been forced to let go of things I would normally hold onto with a tenacious grip.

I have also been thinking... a lot.
About all the things I have no control over.
I have been mulling and turning things over and over in my head.
And I have been examining this road. This trail I am on.
Looking at it.... dissecting and figuring it out.
Trying to gage my progress and trying to see if I am on track with where I think I should be at this date and time.

In the midst of all of this "goings on" a few important things have been happening.
I have tried to take them in stride.
Tried to handle them appropriately.
But yesterday... I couldn't.
My body said no and I listened. Surprising myself with how quickly I did it.....
I called out for help.

And it came.

This once again reminded me of how often I have cried out to God in my greatest need.
How often I have fallen to my knees and begged for His mercy and grace. And how often He has answered and rescued me out of what appeared to be a hopeless situation.
It made me look back and recall all the times He has been faithful to me.
And it filled me up.
Renewed my faith.
And gave me hope again.

I needed it. Once again, my gage was nearing empty.
And I even had reserves left over.
Someone I love would need it later that day, and I was able to share what I had.

It is never for ourselves.
God doesn't give so that we can horde.
He doesn't fill so that we won't pour.
We have been made to give back. We have been created for much more than living for our own purposes and pursuits.
We are God's. Whether we acknowledge that or not.
And one of our many purposes is for just this. 
Not living for ourselves, but for Him and others. 

I am thankful for those who choose to pour into my life.
For those who's agenda is much more and higher than just serving themselves.
I have been changed because of it. 

My hope is that I return the favor..... pouring out from what I have been poured into.
And giving my Heavenly Father the recognition He so justly deserves.
The praise and honor that are His and His alone.
We are His and the only way the world will know that, is if we are reflecting His image, witnessing to His faithfulness.

In that.... I find my greatest reward, and the fulfillment of what I really am searching for.

... until another tomorrow.

~m.

9"All the nations have gathered together
         So that the peoples may be assembled 
         Who among them can declare this
         And proclaim to us the former things?
         Let them present their witnesses that they may be justified,
         Or let them hear and say, "It is true." 
    10"You are My witnesses," declares the LORD,
         "And My servant whom I have chosen,
         So that you may know and believe Me
         And understand that I am He 
         Before Me there was no God formed,
         And there will be none after Me. 
    11"I, even I, am the LORD,
         And there is no savior besides Me." Isaiah 43: 9-11

No comments:

Post a Comment