At The Cottage Background

Monday, September 14, 2009

Overwhelmed

I have been overwhelmed. 
By life, my to do lists, expectations, everything.
I don't like it. I forget things that I shouldn't.
I forgot two important appointments last week. It was frustrating. It was disheartening.
It shows me one more aspect of my weaknesses. Something I don't like being reminded of.
And to top it all off, I got sick this week-end. I was so looking forward to time with my family, sleeping in, and doing what I wanted. I should insert a laugh here, because I realize that any time I set out to do just what I want that my plans are usually disrupted. Just not usually like this.
I was overwhelmed. I missed church. Something that I don't like to do, but I was feeling so overwhelmed that I was almost okay with it....... almost.
So I sat down today to "catch up", to do the right thing and not miss church.
And I got overwhelmed...... again.
But this time, this time it was completely different. 
As I was listening to the worship and began to engage closing my eyes and singing, my computer went on sleep mode. When I opened my eyes I saw the pictures flashing randomly on the screen. Beautiful pictures of nature. And it overwhelmed me with WHO my God is. 
He is amazing. He is glorious. His wonders can not be compared.
I don't want to be overwhelmed by my life. I don't want it to control me and direct my steps. And I certainly don't want it to be the gage and compass by which I find my direction.
I want to be overwhelmed by God and His presence.
It wipes out everything else until it all becomes like grains of sand. When you compare all of the "stuff" in your life with it, it is overshadowed by the covering that His love provides. 
It covers it ALL.
Like walking in a beautiful wooded forest. Lush greens and moist earth beneath your feet. The smell of the air so rich and pure that you breath deep to soak it all in.
That is what it feels like to me to take in and bask in the presence of God.
The calm that being close to Him brings.
It is THEN I am overwhelmed by Him. ALL of Him.
Who He is. What He can do. And what He is capable of, but most of all...... His love for me.
For all of us. As little as we deserve it, He just does. 
I hope you take a "walk" today. To experience just what I am trying to convey. For no other reason but to be with Him. And I pray that you will experience just what I have.
His glory. His majesty. 
And I pray that you will breath deep. Letting it fill your lungs and infuse your entire being. Letting yourself go. Letting yourself feel.
And opening your eyes to the beauty of Him. Overshadowing over all that would try to overshadow Him. And being amazed by Him. 

.... until another tomorrow.

~m.

"One thing I have asked from the Lord, that I shall seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the Lord and to meditate in His temple. For in the day of trouble He will conceal me in His tabernacle; In the secret place of His tent He will hide me; He will lift me up on a rock."   Psalm 27:4,5

End note: I has stopped the video of my church service in the middle of my worship to write. I finished it after I wrote todays blog. I had no idea that what Scott was going to speak would connect so completely with what God laid in my heart. I hope you take a chance to listen. You won't be disappointed.  It  is the 9-13-09 message by Scott Britt @ http://www.zcc.org/. 
God bless  your day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment