At The Cottage Background

Monday, September 28, 2009

Worship and Abandon

I bought this new CD on the recommendation of a good friend.
I usually listen through the first few parts of the songs before skipping to the next one to see how I like it all.
I rarely sit and hear it all the way through the first time. I want to find the ones I connect with first and then make them my own. 
Eventually I go to the others once I've settled into my favorites.
I skipped to the songs that were familiar and began to listen from there.
I have been filling my car and my home with the sounds of it ever since I got it.
I love that everywhere I go I am hearing songs of praise to my God.
It inspires me. 

To be more. 
To live more.
To want more than I usually settle for on any given day.

It's simple really.
Such a small thing. To change and alter the direction of thought by just playing what can potentially eradicate your day.
I have walked with more purpose. Thought with more clarity.
Not allowed worry and the things that can weigh me down to crowd in.
It isn't as though the enemy isn't trying. 
I can feel him dogging my every step.
But it just makes me want to sing louder.
Raise my voice with arms outstretched on either side of me.
Surrendered and in complete abandon to His presence.
Without reservation.
It's amazing when it becomes a way of life. It then becomes how it is, not what it can be.
That's how it was in church during worship yesterday. When it might usually take me five, ten minutes to "get into" worship, I was able to enter right in.
Down on my knees and in complete surrender. Not caring what anyone else was thinking.
That's how I want every day to be. Every moment. Worshipful and full of praise.
I know it is a high expectation.
That life will inevitably get in the way.
But in those moments when I am feeling most weighed down and under siege, my prayer is that I will remember to look up throw out my arms and worship Him.
Simply because of Who He is. Knowing that He is more than able.
More than capable of handling anything that I bring before Him.

So if you happen to drive by someday as I am watering my lawn, or driving in my car, and you see my mouth moving with out anyone else in the passenger seat, music blaring, in a posture that might seem odd......
I am praising my God.
I hope I will inspire you to join me.

....until another tomorrow.

~m.

"I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul will make its boast in the Lord; The humble will hear it and rejoice. O magnify the Lord with me, And let us exalt His name together." Psalm 34:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment